The “MD” Advantage
Featuring Slow Release Nitrogen
Meth-Ex is a multi-chain length, methylene urea nitrogen source that delivers consistent, extended release nutrition when the turf needs it most. This high-activity nitrogen delivers excellent color response and maximum long-term feeding.
Meth-Ex is made up of four different types of nitrogen:
- Urea — Delivers just enough nitrogen to green up the turf without any surge or excess growth. It is listed as "urea nitrogen" on the guaranteed analysis label.
- Other Water Insoluble Nitrogen — This is the major nitrogen component of Meth-Ex. It requires soil microbes to activate it allowing for steady and proficient release of nitrogen. It is listed as "water insoluble nitrogen" on the guaranteed analysis label.
- Hot Water Soluble Nitrogen — This nitrogen segment is activated about 45 to 90 days after application to extend feeding time to the turf. It is listed as "other water soluble nitrogen" on the guaranteed analysis label.
- Hot Water Insoluble Nitrogen — The smallest portion of nitrogen that makes up less than 10% of Meth-Ex and can take up to six months to fully release. It is listed as "water insoluble nitrogen" on the guaranteed analysis label.
Country Club MD contains both sea plant kelp meal and humic acid which helps the turf grass plant achieve optimum performance by helping it prepare for the onset of stressful conditions. Turf treated with sea plant kelp meal and humic acid will outperform untreated turf in overall quality and playability during stressful conditions.
Sea Plant Kelp Meal
Country Club MD contains sea plant kelp meal with multiple L-amino acids that turf grass plant absorbs for healthy growth during stressful conditions. When sea plant treated turf is under stress, from either biotic or abiotic factors, the following changes occur:
- Root mass and length increases
- Antioxidant levels increase
- Photosynthetic rate and capacity remain stable
- Chlorophyll content increases
These changes lead to greater:
- Drought tolerance
- Heat tolerance
- Fungicide efficacy
- Salt tolerance
Country Club MD employs a high-quality humic acid to serve as a soil microbial stimulator and organic chelator for today’s high-sand content putting greens where organic matter is often extremely low. This organic biostimulant improves the turf plant’s overall ability to take up nutrients for a longer period of time and offers multiple plant and soil health benefits through:
- Increased cation exchange capacity (CEC)
- Expanded moisture holding capacity
- Significantly improved photosynthesis
- Increased root enzyme activity
- Enhanced root mass development
The stress-buffering biostimulants in Country Club MD will assist the turf in preparing for the inevitable periods of stress that comes in every growing season. These fertility and soil enhancers help putting greens achieve optimal performance by safeguarding the turf plant against biotic and abiotic stress conditions before they occur. This protection permits the putting greens to continue their high-quality playability for a longer period because turf treated with these biostimulants will outperform untreated turf in overall quality and playability once the onset of stress has occurred.
No Mower Pickup
Country Club MD rapidly disperses into the putting green’s canopy after irrigation to virtually eliminate the possibility of being picked up by the greens mower during the next mowing. This delivery system ensures that the exact amount of nutrients you intended to feed your greens with actually become available to the turf.
No Particle Migration
Due to its dispersion technology, Country Club MD moves into the turf canopy so efficiently that it practically eliminates the threat of particle migration in situations of over-watering or heavy rain events.